Southport Central Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic understand that athletes are required to constantly perform at a high level, placing a huge demand on their bodies. The stress on muscles, bones, and joints can often cause specific sports injuries.
Unlike other sports physiotherapists, we identify the true underlying cause/s and factors responsible for your sports injury, we also offer training tips and advice on how to prevent further sporting injuries.
Our Southport physiotherapists have a number of years of experience in treating and educating athletes suffering pain or restricted movement caused by musculoskeletal conditions. Leo is passionate about helping athletes from elite sportsmen and women to bodybuilders and gym-goers to perform better, heal better and train better.
Southport Sports Physiotherapy don’t just focus on the treatment of your injury, we pay attention to how you received the injury, where rehabilitation can come into your recovery and prevention of further similar injuries and complaints through your sporting downtime or career.
We are very aware that sporting injuries are vastly different from an everyday injury partially down to the pressure and stress on your joints, muscles and also bones – all through your participation in your chosen sport.
More commonly seen sports injuries are;
- Ligament Sprains
- Join injury
- Over-use Injury
Our professional Southport Sports Injury Physiotherapists assess, treat and help you to identify and understand how to avoid reinjuring again such as;
- Increasing Mobility
- Building Strength
Working on these core area’s will help you return to your chosen sport with increased knowledge on what to avoid doing and more importantly, continue injury free.
- All types of posture related conditions (including but not limited to, neck and shoulder pain, low back pain, headache etc)
- All types of sport specific injuries
- Athletes of all levels, looking to maintain top physical condition and looking for a program to maximise muscle function and sports performance
- Any Overuse sports injuries (including but not limited to, rotator cuff tear, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, hip pain and bursitis, ACL rehabilitation, patellofemoral pain syndrome, hamstring tear, Achilles tendinitis and plantar fasciitis to name a few)
- B.Phty UQ
- Sporting injury management
- Return-to-work rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation and injury prevention
- Management and prevention of arthritis and other conditions
From the moment you book your consultation to the completion of your physiotherapy, you will experience the Southport Physiotherapy & Sport Injury Clinic difference.
- Clear communication
- Peace of mind
- Dedication and commitment
- Second opinions
- Highest level of care
- Problem-solving approach
- Non-invasive treatment